Mitu Solicitors (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Maria Mitu of Mitu Solicitors.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
● Information provided by you from filling out forms on our site www.mitulawyers.co.uk (“our website”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Mitu Solicitors, and when you report a problem with our site.
● We may keep a record of communication if you contact us.
● You may be asked to complete surveys used by us for research and improvement purposes, however you are under no obligation to reply or respond to them.
● Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
● Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where possible your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to provide comprehensive information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
WHERE YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS STORED
We store all information you provide to us on our secure servers, and use SSL technology to encrypt any payment transaction. We request that you do not share any passwords which you have created or that we have given you to allow access to certain parts of our site. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
However, as the transmission of information via the internet is not completely safe, we are unable to guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site; any transmission is made at your own risk. We will do our best to protect your personal data, and upon receiving your information, we will use rigorous procedures and security features in an attempt to prevent unauthorised access.
WHAT WE USE THE INFORMATION FOR
We use information we have about you in the following ways:
● To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
● To supply information, products or services you requested from us or which we think may interest you, if you have given us your consent to be contacted for such purposes.
● To fulfil our obligations resulting from any contracts entered into between you and us.
● To enable your involvement in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
● To inform you of any alterations made to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous interest expressed by you or your previous use of these goods and services.
We do not divulge information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, however, we may supply them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 300 women over the age of 40 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such information to aid advertisers in reaching their target audience. Therefore, we may make use of the personal data we have gathered from you to enable us to meet our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
● In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
● If Mitu Solicitors or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually notify you before collecting your data if we intend to use your data for such objectives or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such objectives. You are able to exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms used by us to collect your data. You can also employ this right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our website may occasionally contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please be aware that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.